Monday, November 4, 2019

Living on the edge Or at least die cutting on the edge

Hi all,

My next attempt at die cutting on the edge involved the Cricut.

This is what die cutting on the edge (partial die cutting) is really supposed to look like.

I thought about how I would make the card with a physical die cutting machine then I applied the same steps to making a digital die cut on the edge.

I started with the measurement a standard card 8.5 in wide by 5.5 inches high.  Then I look at the ornament size and cut the width in half.  Next I subtracted that amount off the width of the card. I made my rectangle that size.  Lastly I welded the the ornament to the rectangle, similar to the way you would place a physical die on the paper using the washi tape and make the cut.

Unexpectedly the hardest part was the score line.  My first try I simply put the score line on top of the card base & grouped it together.  All my scores lines ended up in the corner of the 12x12 paper.  This was not at what I expected so I canceled the cut.  Next I welded the score line to the card base.  That did not work.  In the end I figured out that I needed to "attach" the score line to the base.  Just when I thought I had it right, I put the pen in the instead of the embossing stylis (scoring blade) in the "a" holder. Sigh, so I had to score by hand on the black pen line.

Here is my finished card. Thought I would love the red & green.  I wasn't so hot on the color scheme but I am in love writing using the Cricut.  I have never used this feature before. Love, love, love it!

I wanted to try silver & blue or red and gold or silver and gold; so on to the next attempt.

Products used:
Z3605 Ornaments Digital Art
1385 White Daisy Cardstock

Z4224 Black Shimmer Brush
Saying "Merry Christmas to You" from CTMH Season of Joy cartridge.

Have a wonderfully crafty day and check back tomorrow for another installment of die cutting on the edge.
T 

No comments:

Post a Comment