Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Work on It Wendesday - Brushed Animal Kingdom Rivers of Light Scrapbook Layout

WELCOME TO BRUSHED WEEK!

Today I am continuing my work on the River of Light Scrapbook Layout for my Brushed / Animal Kingdom workshop. After two days of work, I had designed the main portion of the layout and figured out how to cut the lotus flowers to my satisfaction but I was missing a title. I had created the layout in design space without the title, then cut all of the pieces except the title, because I couldn't decide what colors to make the title.

Reminder, this workshop features a two page 12x12 Rivers of Light Scrapbook Layout, along with a Stitch layout. All of the layouts in this workshop use the Brushed Paper packet. Brushed is an older paper packet that was "refreshed" with new colors and brought back by popular demand. Yesterday I showed how to make lotus flowers using the Bohek patterned paper for the Rivers of Light layout.

Here is what the two page 12x12 River of Light Scrapbook Layout without the title. 


For me, scrapbooking is a creative process. I am very visual, which is why I love to setup my full layout in Design Space with the correct colors and patterns to see what the final project will look like and watch my vision become reality.

Since I couldn't make up my mind what colors to make the title, I cut and glued all the other pieces. Before gluing down all the pieces I had to make a key decision....do I leave the layout as above, or sort out a different solution for the edges. Since you can not cut a 12 inch piece without a 24 inch mat, the blue pieces for the river were only 11 1/2 inches across. I wasn't thrilled about how the layout looked in design space, so I started experimenting with other options. In the end, I decided to go with the African looking Zip/Branding strip. Refer to the below picture for the zip strip I am referring to.

It seemed to me that this zip strip pattern was perfect for a Disney Animal Kingdom layout with the African vibe it gives off. After attaching the zip strips to the right and left sides, it was pretty clear I needed to use the Green Apple and Canary Yellow as the title colors. First, I tried the canary on top with the green apple as the shadow. Again, not thrilled. I switched the colors and liked this combo a lot better.  The green apple was now forming a visual triangle from the zip strip on the left, to the title at the top, to the reeds at the bottom right of the layout.

Now to cut the title and add to the cluster of lotus flowers.



After looking at the title shadow on the pink lotus, I decided to ink the tite shadow with canary to make it pop more off the pink lotus cluster. I also inked the words in green apple so they would pop of the canary background shadow. 

I glued the canary yellow title shadow to my lotus cluster, centering the title shadow on the cluster of lotus flowers. I added "Rivers", "of", "Li" and "ght" pieces in that order. NOTE: the picture above shows the final layout. The lotus flowers were not glued to the layout when I was working on the title. 

Here are more pictures of the finished tite.




If you would like a private tutorial on creating your own titles or adding a drop shadow to an existing title, please email or Facebook PM to setup a private class time. I offer private Cricut training.

Check back Friday (Finish it Friday) for the finished layout.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
And remember all Cricut and general crafting questions are welcome!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment