Friday, June 26, 2020

Finish It Friday - Brushed Animal Kingdom Rivers of Light Scrapbook Layout

WELCOME TO BRUSHED WEEK!

Today I am finishing my work on the River of Light Scrapbook Layout for my Brushed / Animal Kingdom workshop. 

Reminder, this workshop features a two page 12x12 Rivers of Light Scrapbook Layout, along with a Stitch layout. All of the layouts in this workshop use the Brushed Paper packet. Brushed is an older paper packet that was "refreshed" with new colors and brought back by popular demand. Yesterday I showed how I made the title for the layout.  Today I am going to fill in a few more details needed to create the Rivers of Light layout.

When you open the design space file, you will see the below image.

Generally, I will hide the photo mats before cutting. The white rectangles are the "Place Photo Here" (photo place holders, so I also hide those so I don't cut them). I leave the photo mats in DS so you will know where the photos should be placed.

Once the photo mats are hidden, Cricut will sort the cuts onto 14 mats. After you make the adjustments shown on Tuesday blog post for cutting the lotus flowers, you will be working with 13 mats.

Mat 1 = Pewter scrap (light side) for large rock
Mat 2 = Bokeh patterned paper for lotus flowers
Mat 3 = Mink scrap for small rock
Mat 4 = Canary (light side) 4x6 piece for RIvers of Light title
Mat 5 = Green Apple (dark side) 3x6 piece for RIvers of Light title
Mat 6 = Green Apple dotted patterned paper for reeds
Mat 7 = Bluebird (light side) for waves
Mat 8 = Bluebird (dark side) -> use same mat but insert into Cricut with uncut cardstock at top
Mat 9 = Saphire (light side) for water
Mat 10 = Black  NOTE: Design Space puts the Black cuts on 2 mats. I moved the cuts on to a single mat.
Mat 11 = Saphire (dark side) for water
Mat 12 = Kraft Cardstock for star template.

After cutting all of the pieces, I inked all of the water pieces (bluebird, sapphire light side and sapphire dark side) with Bluebird ink. Then I inked the wave pieces with Carolina at the bottom of the wave and added clear shimmer brush to the top of the wave to make it look more like water.

The rocks are also inked using Charcoal (because I don't own a Pewter ink pad). I think either would work just as well. Next, I glued the layout together (minus the title). 

If I was to make this lyout again, I would first use a gold shimmer brush to add stars to the black, then glue all the peices down. Instead, I created a star template in DeisgnSpace and used the template to add stars to my layout with stickles. 

Here is what the final two page 12x12 River of Light Scrapbook Layout. 
Rivers of Light - full layout
Rivers of Light Left page
Rivers of Light - Right Page


Please email or Facebook PM to purchase the Cricut DS file for $3.50, or a fully cut layout kit for $10 (available thru July 17th).

Check back Tuesday (Technique Tuesday) for the higlights on using a Cricut cut template to make stars with stickles.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
And remember all Cricut and general crafting questions are welcome!!
TINA Stanczak

Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment