Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Album Prep Process featuring CTMH Urban Decay

Hi all,

I am now neck deep in planning my next album.   I have a process I follow to prep before diving into the actual artistic bit of scrapbooking. 

My process
Step 1 gather photos.
Step 2 outline album. 
Step 3 gather inspiration from Pinterest and scrapbooking blogs.
Step 4 put together the base pages/accents
Step 5 print pictures and attach to base pages
Step 6 add the bling/pop to each layout


Yesterday was devoted to step 2, creating the outline for my album.  Today is devoted to step 3, gathering inspiration from Pinterest and scrapbooking blogs.  I devoted my search to the Close To My Heart Urban Decay paper packet/kits because fell in love with Urban Decay the first time I saw it.  

There are so many reasons I loved the designs, mainly because I am an engineer, and so are my husband and son.  There are so many ways to use this paper packet.  My husband spends his spare time rebuilding a B-17, so I could use it for airplane layouts.  The colors match my son's school colors so I could use for his college album.  The possibilities are endless!!  

Here is one example of URBAN DECAY artwork.  


There are many more on my Urban Decay Paper Packet Inspiration Pinterest board.

I have to admit, I bought my first urban decay paper kit second hand from someone who was selling it online.  When I got it, I stashed it away.  Then I bought a second paper packet kit second hand from someone who was selling it online, having forgot that I already owned it.    Whoops!!  Yes, when I went to put the second kit away, I discovered I already owned this paper packet. sigh.  I am sure I am not the only one who has accidentally bought a kit they already own.  


I have to say the best advice I have received about scrapbooking is use product you are inspired by.  If the product doesn't speak to you, you will never use it.  This is one of the reasons I stopped stocking up on themed items, for example graduation themed, and only buy these items as I need them.

Catch me Thursday when I post artwork / layouts using the Urban Decay paper packet.


Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment