Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 14 Sheltering In Place - College Album Around Campus Layout

Hi all,

Well, we are two weeks in to our shelter in place at my house. We accidentally started our shelter in place a week early at our house as all of our spring break plans were cancelled for us. We have adjusted splendidly with 14 days in a row of home cooked meals, fresh baked bread and fresh baked brownies.  I have gained 5 pounds in the 2 weeks of feeding my kids their favorite meals. We are now at the point where my children are asking for their favorite takeout meals, lol. And no, we are nowhere near running out of toilet paper. 

Today was an interesting day as spring break is over so the 4 of us were scrambling to find a new "norm".  My son settled into working 10 hours days in his room last week.  Best thing about it is he is not waking me up at 5:30am as he gets ready for work.  Instead he quietly works in his room until 8am then takes a 30 minute break to eat breakfast and prepare for the day.  My husband is also rolling out of bed late.  Normally his office hours would start with phone calls at 6am all the way through until he leaves at 8am.  Now, radio silence until he leaves for his "office" at 8am.  My daughter "owns" the basement.  I can hear her classes thru the door so I know she is online for class or doing homework.  She is still sorting how to WFH for her job in the campus admissions office.  We are excited that she gets to keep her job. So many of her classmates found out during the extended spring break that their jobs no longer exist.

I am counting myself blessed that our new norm included everyone working, tho in a new style. This includes me working my way through the college album I started last week.

I normally scrapbook on the kitchen isle because we were emptynesters so I would have the house to myself during the day.  I could scrapbook until 4:30pm then cleanup for dinner and never be in anyone's way.  Now I am in the way all day long, lol.  And there are even times when I have to wait for the bathroom to free up.  Oh, the changes we will make. An yes, I do plan on some scrapbooking.

The layout I am sharing today is titled of "Bright Future" as it features cap and gown pictures taken at Georgia Tech using the Close To My Hearts Bring Back My Pack Urban Decay Paper packet with Cricut cuts.  

The base pages are French Vanilla Cardstock.  Then I layered the Urban Decay papers on top.  The sapphire blue architecture pattern and the corrugated pattern screamed Mechanical Engineer to me. I choose to mat only one photo on this layout. This photo was my focal point.  Every year from kindergarten to senior in college we have a "weird" first day picture and a "weird" last day of school picture.  This is the last weird "last day" picture ever. 

After I got my base pages laid out and the photos added, I adhered accent pieces.  All of the paper pieces were cut with the Cricut using a design file from Miss Carries Creations. 



I added a stamped image in Pewter Ink made using 2 different stamp sets; For the Graduate and retired Reel Life for my accents.  Then I added the thumbs up sticker from the retired Urban complements (X7204C).  I have an extra pack of these complements (contact me directly for purchase).

I added Cricut cuts on right side of the layout to pull the layout together and call it done.

Supplies needed:

Hoping you are comfortably settled in and crafting away!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)



No comments:

Post a Comment