Thursday, March 26, 2020

College Album - Proud Parents

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


I am sharing a layout a recently created using Close To My Hearts Bring Back My Pack Urban Decay Paper packet. This collection is filled with wonderful elements suited to a vacation such as buildings, bicycles, suitcases, taxis, and elements equally suited to everyday life, such as skateboards and stoplights. 

The layout title of "Proud Parents" says it all,lol. While it my seem like I started this album at the end, I generally start with the layout or photos that are "speaking to me" on that particular day so I can go with my artistic flow.  

First glance you might think, wait, that looks nothing like the Urban Decay paper packet.  True.  I knew I wanted to use a black and white theme with hints of yellow to focus on the pictures of us with our graduate. I used Fench Vanilla cardstock as the base with a complementary black pattern paper for the mixin paper packet with some black cardstock photo mats to pop the pictures.

My focus was on using stamps to create accents for my layout.  I used Pewter ink to stamp the city image, from the Urban Decay stamp set, in a row to form a border for my layout. I used Saffron Ink to stamp the word Awesome for the accent on the top right of the page.


I also used Saffron Ink to stamp the word EPIC for the accent on the top right of the page.  The remaining Saffron colored paper accents came straight out of my scrap bag which sits on my scrapbooking cart next to my work area.  I keep it handy for when I need to quickly complete a layout.  

KISS - Keep it simple to get it done!  That was my theme for today.  

Now that I got the ball rolling, I will be back every couple of days showing more layouts featuring the Close To My Heart Urban Decay paper packet with a college theme.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment