Monday, July 13, 2020

Motivation Monday - July Stamp of The Month (SOTM)

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS!


This week (week 18 of COVID 19 isolation) I am working with the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM) from Close To My Heart. Out comes my terrible secret....for all the crafting supplies I own, I do not usually make handmade cards. 

For My Beautiful Friend - July Stamp of the Month

I decided to dive right in with a birthday card that was inspired by a card I saw on facebook. 
This month I need birthday cards for a long list of people. Last week we celebrated 3 famly birthdays and 2 friend birthdays. This week there are 2 more family birthdays. I need to get rolling. 

Monday July SOTM card
I stamped the corners first with the stamp on the bottom left corner of the stamp sheet. Next I stamped to left and right sides with the stamp on the bottom right of the stamp sheet. I used the same stamp on the bottom of the card, first placing a post it note on the left corner. I needed to cover the corner because the stamp was too long and I did not want to cover up the corner stamp.

To complete the card, I stamped the Happiness saying, followed by the large butterflies, then the small butterflies. After stamping all the outlines, I started coloring. I am not much of a colorer...just like I am not much of a card maker.  Lol, I am thinking you could tell by looking at the card. It's Monday, try something new with me.

I starting with the flower in bottom left corner, experimenting with bright pink and Pale Pink TriBlend™ Marker. The two colors did not blend at all. 
Coloring the flowers
On to another color combination. I gave blending the medium and light Pale Pink TriBlend™ Marker a try on the flowers in the bottom right. These blended too well. The flowers do not look like they have any shading at all. In the end, I just used the light tip of the Pale Pink TriBlend™ Marker to color all of the flowers.

I colored the small butterflies light yellow using the Light Yellow TriBlend™ Marker.  For the larger butterflies I used the light tip of the Orange TriBlend™ Marker on the inside of the butterfly and then colored the same yellow marker on the tips of the wing.  Another fail! I used the medium tip of the Orange TriBlend™ Marker close to the butterfly body and then tried to blend using the light tip of the Orange TriBlend™ Marker. Yeah, not thrilled.

After coloring the butterflies, I decided to "fix" the card by adding some shimmer to the large butterflies and popping another "flying" butterfly on top of the ugliest of the butterflies.

Very seldom to I feel like I am adding lipstick to a pig but in this case....lol. Well the point of Motivatin Monday (or Make it Monday) is to simple motivate myself to make something. Which I did. 

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves, it was just a piece of paper. After all both Van Gogh and Monet painted over their canvases whenever they were not pleased.

Hoping for better results tomorrow for Technique Tuesday.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment