Saturday, July 18, 2020

Stash Busting Saturday - July STOM Birthday cards

WELCOME TO BIRTHDAY BASH WEEK!

Today, for Stash busting Saturday, I am continuing to highlight the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM) from Close To My Heart. As I was cleaning off my work area, I had an idea for another card, using some of the bits and pieces I was about to put away. 

I looked thru my stamp collection and came up with this gem. It is the Febuary Stamp of the Month (SOTM) from 2018, Sunny Thoughts.


I stamped the insides of the cards with the "Birthday Wishes" saying. 


I added the sorbet butterfly patterned paper from Mix In (X9013) on the card base, than added the girl with the bouquet coloring all the flowers with the Coral TriBlend™ Marker, as shown below.


  • Fair Skin TriBlend™ Marker for the arms
  • Dull Green TriBlend™ Marker for the leaves and stems
  • Coral TriBlend™ Marker flowers
  • True Blue TriBlend™ Marker flowers


  • I colored a second card in a very similar manner, changing up the way I edged the card. On the second card, I rubbed the edge of the card on the stamped image.  I think I like the thicker outline better. What about you?


    I dug into my stash of gems and found some gems Circa 2013? Maybe 2011? and popped them on the centers of the flowers. Not sure if you can see in the picture but there are some itty bitty gems in the centers of the small flowers.

    Today's cards may be my favorite of the whole week. Glad I searched thru my stamps and sparkles to find some oldies but goodies. Hope you can find some fun "gems" in your stash!!

    See you next week for scrapbook layouts, featuring ???

    Stay well and Happy crafting!!
    TINA Stanczak
    Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment