Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Technique Tuesday - Stamping OFF the Edge (Birthday Card)

WELCOME TO BIRTHDAY BASH WEEK!

Today, for Technique Teusday, I continue to highlight the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM) from Close To My Heart. I am going to push to work outside of my box again, making a couple more birthday cards

For My Beautiful Friend—July Stamp of the Month

I turned to facebook again for inspiration. I found this really beautiful card made by fellow consultant Michelle Stewart....yep, I can do this. I can stamp off the edge of the card.

Step 1) Stamp Happy Birthday inside the card. I always stamp the inside first so if I mess it up, I can cover it up & make it the front of the card.

Step 2) take a card base, tape it down to the All-purpose Mat  & stamp around the outside of it using the edges of the girl with the boquet stamp. I just kept turning her so different parts of the boquet edge were being using as I moved around the card in a clockwise direction. I stamped on my All-purpose Mat then pulled the card up & wiped up the ink before moving to the next step.

Step 3) Stamp the boquet girl, stamp the "Just for You", and the small butterflies on a peice of 4 3/4 by 3 1/2 white daisy cardstock. 

Step 4) Color NOTE: I always put a piece of scratch paper under the card when coloring since I was coloring on the edges. I probably should have done my coloring on my All-purpose Mat but I forgot to move it to the table where I was coloring.


I will admit, I handed my daughter the markers and asked her to color. She colored the purple flower card, then I copied the look on the pale pink flower card. 
I am so much happier with today's cards.  I showed these cards to some ladies with whom I was doing on online crop, and they asked where I got the patterened paper.  #Success

Finished Cards
Here is a list of the markers used to make these cards:
  1. Fair Skin TriBlend™ Marker for the legs and arms
  2. Dull Green TriBlend™ Marker for the leaves and stems
  3. True Blue TriBlend™ Marker for the small butterflies and the dress
  4. Hydrangea TriBlend™ Marker and Purple TriBlend™ Marker for flowers, card on left
  5. Pale Pink TriBlend™ Marker for the flowers on the right card
So happy with todays results!! I am getting better with coloring. These cards turned out lovely. Now, to get them in the mail so this weeks birthday girls get their cards on time!!. 

Join me tomorrow for Work On it Wednesday.....you guessed it featuring another birthday card using the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM).

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment