Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Work on It Wendesday - July Stamp of The Month (SOTM) Birthday Card

WELCOME TO BIRTHDAY BASH WEEK!

Today, for work on it Wednesday, I am continuing to highlight the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM) from Close To My Heart. I am going to push to work outside of my box again, focusing on making a single card for a friend who is out of town. I plan on giving her the card in person when she gets back in town. Have to work fast today since I am leaving on a long drive after lunch. 

For inspriation, I went to artwork from my fellow consultants again today. My inspiration card was created by Tracy Ling from New South Wales, Australia
I really liked the balance on the card with the touch of black balancing out all of the white on the card base. I do not own the paper packet Tracy used for the stripes of color so I decided to go with the butterfly print paper from a retired Mix In paper packet from the March April catalogue. 

For this card, I stamped the boquet on a 3 1/2" (tall) by 3" (wide) piece of white daisy cardstock. I masked off the girl when stamping such that only her arms were stamped, as shown on Tracy's card above.

I decided to color before cutting or gluing any other bits andpieces just to make sure I could get the colors right. This older paper features sorbet so I first colored the large flower with the Coral TriBlend™ Marker, which is almoat the same color. I was able to blend the dark, mdium and light by coloring the dark first, then the light then adding the medium to blemd. 

Then I colored in all the leaves and stems using the Dull Green TriBlend™ Marker, the same as yesterdays cards. Next I added the yellow and Hydranga flowers. 

  • Fair Skin TriBlend™ Marker for the arms
  • Dull Green TriBlend™ Marker for the leaves and stems
  • Coral TriBlend™ Marker flowers
  • Hydrangea TriBlend™ Marker flowers
  • Light Yellow TriBlend™ Marker flowers

  • I had 3 flowers left with no color. I ended up coloring them using the medium tip of the Coral TriBlend™ Marker to get the right color balance on the card. Here is the finished product.
    Again, I was pretty happy with the way this turned out. Pushing myself to work outside my comfort zone is sometime hard but always worth it once I get over the hurdle of starting the project.

    Join me on Friday for Finish it Friday where I hope to finish some other cards I started using the July Stamp of The Month (SOTM).

    Stay well and Happy crafting!!
    TINA Stanczak
    Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment