Sunday, April 19, 2020

Alaska Album - Sail Away Layout

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


After 4 days of planning, I have finally started putting layouts together. As I stated in an earlier blog post, I am a chronological girl when it comes to vacation albums.  

I also have a "process" for pulling together my scrapbook layouts. First I put together the base pages.  Next I lay down the photo mats and/or "Place photo Here" cards.  Then I add my title and any die cut embellishments.  It is similar to putting on makeup.  First the base, then the eyshadow and blush followed by the pop (mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick).  Only after I have my photos printed and on the page do I add the "pop".

Here is the "Sail Away" layout without the photos and the "pop".


Yes, it looks very plain right now.  I spent a lot of time figuring out how to "mat" the Cricut title with a larger Cricut cut.  I tried 5 ways to Sunday then finally got it to work.  I did take notes while I was doing it but when I tried to repeat on a second title, no success.  So I am leaving mastering of matting titles in Design Space for another day.


Come back tomorrow for Alaska Album layouts.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment