Thursday, April 16, 2020

Planning an Album Process

Today I am continuing on my quest to reliving our 25th Wedding Anniversary cruise to Alaska. 

Now that I have my photo all in the same place, I am making a list of places visited on each day as this will be my outline for my album.  Yep, I am a chronological girl when it comes to vacation albums.

I set up an excel sheet with my itinerary. 






Next, I put together my album plan, using the same spreadsheet.  I added columns to the left giving each layout a number and assigning pages numbers.  I also added a color for the base page and a column for which kit I will be using.  I choose the kit and base page color to complement the colors and content of the photos.

Figure 2 : Album plan

Some items are highlighted in green.  This is a note to myself that I have a pretty good idea of the layout I want to make for this page.  I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest and the blogs I follow.  Next to the kit, I have another column containing the link to the Pinterest pin for the layout.  This way I will not forget what I was planning on doing as I work my way thru the 22+ layouts I have planned for the album.

Come back tomorrow for details on National Scrapbooking Day Project 4 which will double as a sneak peak at some of my Alaska Album layouts.

Join me on May 2nd to make this sweat mini-album to telling the story of someone you love/miss greatly in this time of social distancing.  Reflecting on people in your life you love and miss while sheltering in place can help bring you a little joy during this time of crisis.  

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment