Monday, April 20, 2020

Alaska Album - Totem Park

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


My next layout for Alaska is also for the first port of call, Ketchican. 

I feel like I am finally to the point where I am reliving our wonderful anniversary cruise as I am finally pulling together the layouts and picking the photos to print. YEAH!! And working with the wonderful Close To My Heart Into the Wild paper packet and coordinating complements is making my heart smile. 

Following our wonderfully wet Rain forest hike complete with fresh salmon spread "(Yum, delicious)" we visited a quaint little totem park.  We learned a bit about totem pole carving like the fact the poles are a bit like a book in that they are carved not for worship but to tell a story or history of the people carving them. 

I wanted to mention that this layout was inspired by .  I used her layout as my sketch and changed up the papers used and accents to match my photos.

Following my process, I simply click on the link in my spreadsheet to get to my inspiration layout, then I pull together my own layout.  My process is;
Step 1 gather photos.
Step 2 outline album.
Step 3 gather inspiration from Pinterest and scrapbooking blogs.
Step 4 put together the base pages/accents
Step 5 print pictures and attach to base pages
Step 6 add the bling/pop to each layout

Here is the "Totem Park" layout without the photos and the "pop".

When I add the pictures to the left side, I will add the place and date on the space above "Into the wild".  I am not sure I am going to leave the I spy adventure ahead PML (Picture My Life) card in to space. I will most like find another way to add "pop" to this layout.
I used a PML card on the right side of the layout also.  I cut the mountains off a PML card for an accent on the page since the words on the card didn't match I needed a matching accent.

It's a process, lol.  If I had my pictures printed I would add them today with all of the accents then put them straight into the album.  No worries, I will get there.

Come back tomorrow for more Alaska Album layouts and just like on the Mickey Mouse club, it will be Guest Star Tuesday.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment