Thursday, April 30, 2020

Graduation Cards with COVID twist

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


Today I thoughtt I would make graduation cards for my two nephews who graduate this month. I want them to know that even though they do not get to walk the stage, their graduation is still special.  

I started by choosing the "For the Graduate" and "Just Roll with It" stamp sets.  To be honest, I had already bought both of these set.  I was intent on using the graduation stamp set for the College album I was making for my son.  The other set I just couldn't resist.  I will be making more cards with it on Saturday.  


The below picture shows the design for the inside of the card. 
  1. First I stamped the banner across the top of the card, 
  2. followed by the "Sorry Corna Ruined Your" saying a little more than 1 inch below it,
  3. next adding the line/bar right below it
  4. followed by the #quarentinelife
  5. lastly I stamped the hearts in between the banner and the saying.
Now I set the card aside to dry, just to be sure I didn't smudge any ink.....and based on the times we are in, I washed my hands.

Next I stamped the envelope as shown below.

Now I completed the card front using red, white and black for my nephew whose school colors are cardinal and white; and using red and saffron from my nephew whose school colors are red and gold.
As you can see, I added gold sequins to the inside of the shaker card. I was able to complete all the cards I needed to send using supplies I already had on hand.


I wish I could tell you I designed this card myself but I didn't.  I watched a Miss Carries Creations video on YouTube (found at Quick and Easy Graduation Card).

I have to admit there are a couple of blogs I follow to get new ideas and inspiration.  Today everything just fell into place since Miss Carrie was using supplies I had in hand and the inside of the card was easy to put together based on the time we are in. lol

Check back tomorrow for the all new Aurora Scrapbooking Workshop!!

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)


No comments:

Post a Comment