Sunday, May 3, 2020

National Scrapbooking Day

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day, so I dedicated pretty much the whole day from 9am to 1am papercrafting, then I slept until noon. 

I kicked off the day due a virtual crop hosted by fellow consultant Sue Stoughton.  A group of us dailed into her zoom crop for conversation and cropping during the morning hours.  

At noon Close To My Heart kicked off their event (note schedule show Mountain Standard Time).  As you can see from the schedule belo, it was a crazy busy day.
All of the videos for the projects are viewable at: Close To My Heart Facebbok videos

My first project was assembling the Blue Skies project with the video.  If you are interested in assembling this project with the video, the intructions are given in video #1 starting at the 30 minute mark.

Here is the first layout as corporate created it.

Here is my version of the layout.

As you can see, I changed a the photo sizes.  I followed my normal process when creating this layout; which is to find my photos first.  Reviwing my photos I realized I would not be able to crop the photos to 4x4 without cutting thru elements I wanted on the layout and that my 4x6 photo was horizontal.  Following the video, I applied the rainbow first and the first cloud sticker, then I applied photo mats using the sizes I needed.  I only put a small amount removable adhesive in the middle of the mat so that I could move elements around and slide stickers under the mats to ensure all of the elements would fit the layout in a balance manner.  For example, I had waited to attach the second cloud sticker to the left page to ensure it was not too low on the 4x6 photo.

On the right hand page, the process was much the same.  I attached the two photo mats than palyed with the cloud stickers until I felt they were balanced.

Another way I made the layout my own was by using foam tape to attach the rainbow as well as any photo mats attached to the rainbow.  Other suggestions for making a layout your own include adding shimmer brush splatter or random sequins or dots.

For the second layout, I followed the instructions as given.  Now I am wishing I had thought ahead to leave one of the houses off the layout to leave room for an ice cream truck since my photos are of the ice cream truck coming through our neighborhood (which only happens once in a blue moon).

Stay tuned tomorrow for the completion of the NSD projects. 

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment