Saturday, May 16, 2020

Stash Busting Saturday - Cricut Gringots Scrapbook Layout

WELCOME TO HARRY POTTER WEEK! 


Today I am finishing up Harry Potter week (week 9 of self isolation). Since I struggled finishing my layout yesterday, I decided to pull up another Harry Potter themed Cricut design space file that I had been saving for a rainy day.  I wanted to complete all the cuts and put the layout together to finish the week feeling a strong sense of accomplishment.

Since it was stash busting Saturday, I pulled out a bin a cardstock given to me by a friend who was downsizing and thus giving up her craft room.  I found what I needed to cut the Gringotts bank from the cardstock bin.  The white cardstock is nicely textured to look like white stucco and the blue cardstock has a pretty shimmer on the building.

The word GRINGOTTS was included in the Cricut cut file but the letters were so small and thin, they did not cut cleanly from the generic black cardstock.  I decided to dig around in my stash for this tiny little letter stamp set called "A typeface". I am not sure how old it is but it comes in quite handy for stamping in tight space.

Here is the completed left side of the layout.
The additional Cricut cuts included a city space, clouds, and squares to build the sidewalk/street anchoring Gringotts.  the right side of the layout is pretty much the space.



Here is the full layout.

I can't wait for my photos to get here (in about 10 days....ugh, so long to wait).  I am planning on adding some flip flaps or expanding the number of photos on the layout in some other manner.  I will show the layout with photos   Check back in a couple of weeks and I will let you know how it goes.

I want to thank you for stopping by today.  I hope my week of Harry Potter layouts has inspired you to either create something Harry Potter themed or bust into your stash!!  And, if you happen to be looking for a ting little Alphabet, I have an extra set of the "A typeface" alpha available.

Check back next week for more never-ending spring break scrapbook layouts.


Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment