Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Guest Designer Tuesday - Cricut Platform 9 3/4 Layout

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


Today I am featuring Guest Designer Ginni Candelaria.  Ginni is a fellow Close To My Heart (CTMH) consultant who designers layouts using Cricut cut files and CTMH paper packets.  Ginni's Harry Potter workshop launched in March of 2019, however I had not had the chance to create these layouts.  Now that I was on a roll with a Harry Potter theme, I decide to create this layout called "Platform 9 3/4s".

Having immersed myself in the memories of the first time we visited Hogsmead at Universal, my mind quickly moved to our second visit to Harry Potter world at Universal.  Diagon Alley had opened the year before along with the Hogwarts Express.  Platform 9 3/4s and the train ride were amazing.  How could I not create this layout?.  

I started by using Ruby cardstock as the base for the layout. I cut the brick stencil and inked the bricks on the base pages. I wasn't satisfied with the results. As you can see from the picture below, the bricks are barely discernible.

So off I went to my stash. I found a wonderful piece of patterned paper perfect for the layout.
I cut everything else as per the instructions. I did not have the black ribbon for the bows so I went into my stash and found a pack of Fundamentals Assortment Black with some cute little black bows I could substitute.

I am really happy with how this layout turned out.  And very excited to go find pictures to put on it.


Supplies needed:

  1. X5965 Ruby Cardstock
  2. X5961 Saffron Cardstock
  3. X5946 Linen Cardstock
  4. 1385 White Daisy Cardstock  
  5. X6047 Black Cardstock
  6. Charcoal Cardstock
  7. Toffee Cardstock
  8. Z3312 Gold Glitter Gems
  9. Z3517 Black Journaling Pen (.05)
  10. Z2497 TriBlend Dark Red Marker
  11. Retired Fundamental Assortment Black
Check back in tomorrow for another cute Harry Potter layout and some stash busting tips.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment