Monday, May 11, 2020

Motivation Monday - Cricut Quidditch Layout

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


Today I am having a hard time motivating myself.  Don't we all have days like that?  I decided to take a quick peak into my saved Cricut projects to see if I had saved a scrapbook layout I could tackle quickly to get myself back on a roll.  

And what did I come up with? A Harry Potter Quidditch layout suited my mood, as I was still feeling like I was stuck in the spring break version of the movie Groundhogs day.  And, the last spring break vacation we took as a family was to Orlando, where we spent days immersed in the world of Harry Potter. 

I realized after I photographed the layout I had one of the quidditch goal posts in the wrong place. Shh....don't tell me kids. 


I used cardstock that a friend of mine had given me when cleaning out their craft room.  Don't ask permission, Go ahead, scrap your stash!!

I really liked the green textured paper as it looks just like grass.  The gold and the red are also textured cardstock. All 3 papers were from my friends craft room. Most everything else was cut from craps I pulled out of my scrap box. 

Completing this layouts brought back memories of the first time we visited Hogsmead at Universal.  We were there for the grand-opening on June18,2010.  We had arrived into Orlando June 9th and the next day decided to do a couple of days at Universal before the grand opening crowd.  As luck we have it, we were walking by a 20 foot tall gate that led to Hogsmead when an employee asked us if we would like to go it, try the rides and take a survey.  The answer was HECK, YEH!!

Of course, it was amazing.  We got to ride the flagship attraction "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" not just once but twice in a row.  Part of the ride is flying thru the Quidditch pitch.  


Mission accomplished, I am now motivated to complete a set of Harry Potter layouts designed by a guest designer.  Check back tomorrow for Guest star Tuesday to see what I am working on.



Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment