Saturday, May 23, 2020

Stash Busting Saturday - Cricut Star Wars Scrapbook Layout

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!


To finish off my week of Star Wars Scrapbook layouts I working on a layout designed by Guest Designer Ginni Candelaria.  Yes, I have been working a lot of layouts designed by Ginni over the past 2 weeks but they are all so stinking cute!! Right?  

I purchased this workshop for the Cricut cuts and layout instructions; knowing that I did not own the paper packet needed to make the layouts.  Not only did I not own the item needed, but I could not purchase them as this layout was originally designed at the end of 2017 so many of the Close To My Heart (CTMH) products are retired. However, the Cricut cut files can be used with CTMH cardstock and other items you have in your stash to complete this layout.  

Below is my finished layout. View GInni's original layout by clicking on her name.

ok, what is not to LOVE!! This layout is too stickin cute!  

I started with making the Cricut cuts for the characters.  The Storm Trooper is easy; using only Black Cardstock X6047 and White Cardstock.  I used Toffee Cardstock (dark side body, light side belt), Pewter Cardstock and Black Cardstock X6047 to make the large and small Wookies.  The belt is inked with Pewter ink and Toffee ink (respectively).  I inked the edges of the Wookies bodies with Espresso pigment ink to really enhance the color.  Pigment ink is dark and wetter, and takes longer to dry so you have to be more careful when using it.  I really like the contrast between the Toffee Cardstock and Espresso pigment inkFor the finishing touch I added White Dots colored with Earth Brown TriBlend™ Marker to Chewie's belt. I used large white dots on the larger Wookie and small white dots on the smaller Chewie. 

 

Princess Leia and the Jedi Knight were made similar to the Wookies, using Toffee Cardstock and Toffee ink for Princess Leia's hair and the Jedi robe.  I also used a scrap of silver metallic paper that has been hanging around my scrap bin since our 2012 trip to Disney for Princess Leia's belt and the Jedi belt buckle.  I added a Silver Glitter Gem to Princess Leia's for a little sparkle.
The Storm Trooper detailing includes pen doodles on his face and dimension added with 3-D Foam Tape adhesive.

Once my characters were finished, I had to search for patterned paper since I didn't owned the paper packet Ginni used when creating the layout. I started by pulling out the retired More Magic paper packet and cutting the two blue starred zip strips and setting them aside. I thought the starry pattern would go well with a Star Wars layout. Next I searched my pile of neutral cardstock to find the gray pattern to I could substitute for the gray sponged pattern Ginni had used.  When I laid everything out before gluing together, I was fairly happy with the outcome. 
There were a couple of additional items I was missing.  On the right side of the layout (shown above), I was missing a start sticker so I punched a star out of the silver metallic paper I used for Princess Leia's belt.

On the right side of the layout, I made the start Cricut cut using the silver metallic paper scrap. I used the same Silver Glitter Gems used on Princess Leia's belt to add sparkle to the star burst Cricut cuts.  Of course, I brushed them with Clear Shimer Brush before adding the gems.  The shimmer shows up much better in person.  


Fining touches included drawing on the word FORCE and adding my title using the Pewter Journaling pen.  And adding a couple of "hidden"Mickey's using retired Blue Dots from Enamel and Glitter Duos Z3122.
ok, this layout is definitely my favorite Star Wars Layout.  The Wookies just make me smile!  I can't wait until my photos arrive on Wednesday so I can place them on the layouts and add to the albums!!

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!!!
See you all on Tuesday!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment