Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Work On it Wednesday - Cricut Welcome Muggles Layout

WELCOME FELLOW PAPERCRAFTERS! 


Today I am again featuring Guest Designer Ginni Candelaria.  Ginni is a fellow Close To My Heart (CTMH) consultant who designers layouts using Cricut cut files and CTMH paper packets.  Now that I was on a roll with a Harry Potter theme, I decide to create this another layout from Ginni's workshop called "Welcome Muggles".


This layout came together fairly quickly using the cut file and cardstock I happened to have on hand from yesterday's layout.  As luck would have it, the dark red and yellow pattern was on the backside of the brick patterned paper.  I will admit Harry's tie was cut by hand out of a scrap of patterned paper left over from a different layout.  It was extremely lucky I just happened to have a scrap that was exactly the right size to make the tie.

Supplies needed:

In addition to the happy accident with the tie, I changed up two things to make this layout "my own".  First, I used Linen for my base pages since I thought the Linen color is more neutral and would allow my photos to "pop".
The other item I changed was I used I piece of yellow striped cardstock from a retired mix in paper packet to make the photo mat.  I colored the white stripes using the "dark" portion of the Dark Red Triblend marker.  If you don't have a sheet of yellow striped paper at home, you can easily create this photo mat coloring both the yellow and red stripes on to white cardstock.  Hint: make it easier by just coloring the edges since a photo will be covering the center.

Check back in tomorrow for another cute Harry Potter layout and some stash busting tips.

Stay well and Happy crafting!!
TINA Stanczak
Facebook |     Emptynest   Scrapin   (private group for project instructions)

No comments:

Post a Comment